Resources: Links To Official LoK Info
There are a few Legacy of Kain-related sites/pages on the web that can be considered 'official'. These contain information or images that have come directly from the game developers, from people who worked on the game, or from interviews they have given.
Unfortunately the transient nature of the web means that many have vanished, but links to surviving official resources are listed below.
Official Websites (English)
- The official website of the online multiplayer game Nosgoth. Register here to take part in the Closed Beta testing sessions and read the blog to keep up to date on all the latest news. There are also discussion forums attached.
- Silicon Knights
- There's not much Kain-related information on this site now, but this is the official site of the company that conceived and created Blood Omen.
Developer/Artist Portfolio Sites
- DCabDesign: Daniel Cabuco's Homepage
- The personal website of Daniel Cabuco: Art Director for Defiance, Lead Artist for Soul Reaver 2, and Creature Art Lead for Soul Reaver. He is also helping to design character skins for Nosgoth. Some of the Legacy of Kain concept art that was on his old site may be added in the future, but in the meantime, be sure to check out the site's forum (linked below).
- Steven Ross' Website (BO2 category)
- The personal website of Steven Ross: Lead Artist/Art Director for Blood Omen 2. On this page there are some never-before-seen images related to the development of that game.
- Boyd Lake's website
- The personal website of an artist who worked on Soul Reaver. His gallery describes the work he did on that game, and it contains the most detailed images available of Lieutenants Melchiah, Rahab and Turel.
- The Gaston Brothers' website
- The personal website of artists who worked on the cancelled game The Dark Prophecy. On this page there are some never-before-seen images related to the development of that game.
- Silicon Knights' Blood Omen FAQ (hosted here, as no longer available from source)
- Warp's answers from Amy at the Eidos Forums
- Chris@Crystal's Greatest Hits at the Eidos Forums
- The Defiance team FAQ at the Eidos Forums
- The first Defiance Q&A page at The Lost Worlds
- The second Defiance Q&A page at The Lost Worlds
- Nosgoth Forums
- The official Nosgoth forums.
- Eidos Forums
- The official Legacy of Kain forums.
- DCabDesign Forum: Ask Daniel Cabuco a Legacy of Kain related Question
- Daniel Cabuco's forum where he answers questions about the development of the Legacy of Kain games he worked on. Please note: although he is working with the Nosgoth team on character skin designs, he will be unable to talk about anything which hasn't been officially announced.
- The Soul Reaver Designer Diary (hosted here, as no longer available from source)
- Blood Omen 2 Designer Diary #1 at GameSpot
- Blood Omen 2 Designer Diary #2 at GameSpot
- Blood Omen 2 Designer Diary #3 at GameSpot
- Defiance Designer Diary #1 at GameSpot
- Defiance Designer Diary #2 at GameSpot
- Defiance Designer Diary #3 at GameSpot
- A collection of interviews with Amy Hennig (and other FAQs) at the Nosgothic Realm Forums
- (1996/7?) Recreated PSXnation.com Interview with Denis Dyack at Nosgothic Realm
- (2000) Soul Reaver 2: Director's Interview at IGN
- (2001) Soul Reaver 2 Q&A at GameSpot
- (2001) Blood Omen 2 Q&A at GameSpot
- (2012) Behind the Classics: Amy Hennig Talks Soul Reaver Secrets at PlayStation Blog